Date: 10 July 2017
Time: 10.30am – 1.30am
Venue: Malaysian Global Innovation and Creativity Centre, Block 3730 Persiaran APEC, 63000 Cyberjaya
ABOUT THE EVENT
In the lead up to the second Global Entrepreneurship Community conference, we are bringing industry experts and ecosystem players for sharing sessions and discussions on innovation, global community engagement and emerging trends.
Join Rekha Pai, a key member of the New Business Incubation group at Juniper Network, in this session as she will be sharing insights on the current state of Tech Innovation and the impact on all aspects of our lives, across the globe, including examples where tech has created social impact by creating opportunities and solutions for underserved communities everywhere such as in the fields of health, education, jobs, government/civic engagement and, financial inclusion/literacy.
In the second part of the talk, she will be sharing on the Silicon Valley innovation ecosystem – the how, and why entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship and the startup ecosystem in the Silicon Valley works. Rekha will also share an overview of risk capital landscape – including angel investing, MicroVCs, crowdsourced equity models and Venture Capitals.
Who should attend?
- Government officials
- Entrepreneurs and Social Entrepreneurs
- Anyone who is involved with innovation ecosystem such as incubators and accelerators
- Tech Innovation current state and impact
- Tech social impact across the globe
- Opportunities and solutions for underserved communities
- Insights into the Silicon Valley Innovation Ecosystem
- Overview of Risk Capital Landscape – Angel Investing, MicroVCs, Crowdsourced equity models and Venture Capitals