Cradle is deeply passionate about innovation and Entrepreneurship – we want to create leading startups by creating an ecosystem that supports a strong and innovative business-building environment for technology entrepreneurs.
Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd (Cradle) is Malaysia’s early stage start-up influencer, incorporated under the Ministry of Finance Malaysia (MOF) in 2003 with a mandate to fund potential and high-calibre tech start-ups through its Cradle Investment Programme (CIP).
Throughout its 13-year history, Cradle has helped fund over 700 Malaysian tech start-ups and holds the highest commercialisation rate amongst government grants in the country. Having more than a decade of experience in the nation’s grant funding scene, Cradle further expanded its role from grant provider to investor through the establishment of its venture arm, Cradle Seed Ventures in 2015 and following its portfolio expansion to equity investment in early 2017, Cradle now offers both funding and investment assistance.
Cradle’s product offerings are not only restricted to monetary aid, but also include commercialisation support, coaching and various other value-added services to cater today’s entrepreneurs’ diversified needs.
To be the leading pre-seed, seed and start-up stage funding agency in Malaysia, that provides effective grant and equity funding, commercialisation support, coaching, and industry value-add to accelerate the growth of start-up companies.
- An agency under Ministry of Finance Malaysia (MOF)
- Early stage startup fund and influencer
- 2003 – 2017
Cradle Investment Programme
- A conditional grant Rm150,000 for pre-seed to transform prototype into commercially viable ventures and RM500,000 for seed to reach the commercialisation stage
Coach & Grow Programme
- A market-driven programme of 1-on-1 coaching to train entrepreneurs to take their businesses to greater heights
MALAYSIAN BUSINESS ANGEL NETWORK (MBAN)
- The official Trade Association and Governing Body for Angel Investors and Angel Clubs in Malaysia.
Angel Tax Incentive
- For angel investors to be accorded a tax deduction of up to RM500,000 after 2 years of investment
- Feb 2017
- Direct equity investment between RM300,000 and RM800,000 to areas that have good growth potential
- May 2017
- A pre-seed programme which provides grant and value added assistance up to RM300,000